Not to brag or anything, but I had pretty insightful dreams last night.
For example, I had to refinish high school at a 3rd school. At this new school I had a gym class where I had to iron table cloths and I hate ironing table cloths. BUT! Not only that, I couldn't find an outlet where the iron would reach so I just ended up yelling at the teacher and looking like I'd lost my mind (because I had) because I couldn't just tell her I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON.
Anyway. It's important stuff.
Once upon a time in my awake life, on my first day at PR I had to go to gym class and I had no idea where the gym was. I asked a boy in my church class, because those were the only humans I actually knew, where it was and he told me to go away (true story!) he did not want to be seen talking to me. Later I found out it was his first day too and he also had no idea where the gym was. I just didn't know he was also new. (Also, he just really didn't want to be seen talking to me. Pretty sure he didn't want anyone knowing he was a church boy.)
Sidenote, I have absolutely no idea how I eventually found the gym, but man would my experience have been better if I never had. Although, good with bad and all, I did make some friends from those horrible gym classes (perks of misery!). Although as a secondary although, I also once got held after class for the teacher to yell at me for not trying hard enough at frisbee. Apparently the gym teacher thought to be as awful as I am at athletics meant I just wasn't trying. Sorry lady, I'm actually just THAT atrocious, and my particular brand of atrocity only gets worse with effort. Then she and I got locked out of the school and after getting that lovely verbal smackdown I had to spend an awkwardly silent 10 minutes with her while we tried to find someone to let us into the school. Really great memories.
So anyway! Those are the super fun and painful memories I'm going to be rapid fire remembering for the next couple days. Thanks Unconscious Self, don't know what I'd do without you!
make a beautiful line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I somehow missed this post! I can totally relate to the horror of PE classes! The gymnastics unit for 9th grade PE class was my nightmare. After practicing the vault for 6 straight weeks during class and before school at the early morning help sessions I had to perform for the teacher. She said I didn't look any better than the first day and my performance deserved an F but she could tell I had tried my hardest so I got a C+ for the unit. That was including my extra credit floor routine that only had back and forward rolls because I couldn't do anything harder than that. HaHa!
Rochelle
Post a Comment